Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So I'm right in the middle of paramedic ride outs again. It's keeping me busy to say the least, but I've been getting some pretty interesting calls so far. But, today pretty much took the cake. Got a call for chest pain, and sitting in the back I even thought, hmm....will this be the big one...I dunno if I'd call it the big one, but we made scene and found a 75yo woman writhing in pain on her bed. Pale, cool, diaphoretic. Popped on some 02 and got a 12....vwala...Right sided inferior infarct. My first thought....holy cow...that's a real STEMI. She had already pre-administered one nitro before our arrival, BP was initially 122/78. We got a line and bolused her. She started puking in the truck so we gave 4mg zofran. Then she had another nitro. Followed by ASA. Followed by another nitro. Pt was in a junctional escape, so HR was between 40-50, so we never got around to morphine for fear it would crash her. We had her to the hospital in 11min from making scene. She was in the ER for 9 min before being moved to the cath lab. That was shweet.

No comments: