Tuesday, January 20, 2009

School and schedule insanity

So, I'm back in paramedic school. We started cardiology last week. It's not easy, but I'm managing. I also started my clinicals last week. That's what's really hurting me as far as my schedule is concerned. Today I got to the EMS station at 0700 and got off at 1500. I came to work at 1800-0600, and I'm due back at the EMS station at 0700 until 1500, then class 1700-2200. Basically, that leaves very little time for sleep and it's really catching up to me. But such is the life of a paramedic student I guess. It kinda boggles my mind that I'll have my red patch in just a few months. Kind of a scary thought.
I still don't know what I'm gonna do after this. I don't know if I just wanna get my CCEMTP, which won't do much good in texas. Or skip over that and go on to RN. Or maybe both? I'll just be content to get through school first.
I really don't even know what kind of medic I'll make. There are days where I realize that I'm pretty good at this and that I feel like I know what i'm doing. Then, there are other days where I feel like i'm completely lost and have no idea what I'm sitting in class for. I've had preceptors tell me that I'm the best student they've had, but at the same time I know that I don't know much. I've done all my rideouts witha certain service, and I'm really hoping to get a job with them come June. I don't know that I'll get it straight out of school, but it's pretty much my dream job. Well, aside from flight medic/nurse. But...nothing really interesting is going on in life, I'm kinda bored at work and am working hard to stay awake, so I thought I'd write a little post to let you all know that I'm still alive...Hope everyone is doing well out there in blogland...

No comments: