Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Scared

My mother asked me to go pick up my lil' brother from church, no big deal. I went and got in my car, looked both ways before backing down the drive way, and I was on my way. After a few minutes I came up to a car, nothing special about it, aside from the fact that the driver was driving 10mph down my street. I guess I got too close, cause she slowed down and then came to a complete stop. No big deal, they just got where they were going...Then she started driving again, Alright, this person is gonna be a little tard, I'll show them...I didn't back off, but didn't get closer either. Maybe 100 yards down the road they did it again. Alright...this person is really starting to get on my nerves...At least we're almost to the stop sign, maybe she'll turn Right and I'll go left...When we got to the stop sign though...I could see her car shift in to park. Oh shit...is this maniac really gonna get out of the car? She is...holy cow..it's an old lady..Is my car door locked? Yes, it locks when you shift in gear, ok..stay in the car, stay calm..She started walking closer, I talked to her..told her to get back in her car, said you need to go away, tried to be as big and scary as I can, I'm not a big and scary person. She kept walking..coming closer to my car...then standing outside my window. She didn't have anything in her hands, but I was scared none-the-less. She was screaming and I couldn't understand what she was saying. I kept trying to tell her to go away, making the "shoo" sign with my hands, but she wasn't paying any attention. She started waving her hands outside my car, I was near tears by now. I told her I was going to call the cops, and she just stood there. By this point I was really wishing I was 21 and had my concealed hand-gun license...not to shoot her, but hopefully to make her get in her car and leave, but I'm not, and I don't. So, I called 911. Of course, I got the city rather than the county and had to be transferred. She stayed outside my car though, still screaming indistinguishable words, still waving her hands. I was doing everything I could not to cry with the lady on the phone. About the time the county answered the phone she started walking towards her car, got in and drove away. They offered to send an officer out, but I told them not to worry about it, not wanting to inconvenience someone's night...I was shaking as I drove off. Instantly wishing I had gotten her license plate, I'm scared she lives down my street, if she's crazy enough to get out of her car in the middle of the night and approach someone...she's probably crazy enough to target me later...

1 comment:

Ambulance Mommy said...

ack!!! if a psycho lady approached my car, i'd call 911 too! even if she was old. sometimes they are worse! :)